If you want to stay up to date with all local making opportunities, make sure to sign up to our monthly newsletter.
Local (San Francisco Bay Area)
Alameda County Office of Education (ACOE): SF/East Bay, Marin, and Solano Counties
- ACOE’s Integrated Learning Specialist Program (ILSP) includes core offerings and electives. The ILSP program offers training in integrating the arts deeply into core curriculum, assessment, and curriculum design.
- ACOE’s general offerings include a broad variety of professional development opportunities for educators.
Maker Education Initiative: Oakland
- Maker Ed offers annual trainings and PD opportunities.
Exploratorium: San Francisco, online, and locations worldwide
- Teacher Institute
- Summer Institute is the foundational program that helps teachers develop their skills as facilitators of inquiry-rich, authentic student learning experiences
- Teacher Induction Program supports novice science teachers during the critical first two years in the profession.
- Teacher Leadership Program trains the most experienced science teachers to serve as mentors and coaches for novice teachers.
- Institute for Inquiry
- Tinkering Studio
Castilleja School and Marymount School of New York: Palo Alto, CA and New York, NY.
- In addition to co-facilitating our Designing Making Experiences workshop, Angie Chau from the Castilleja School in Palo Alto offers a summer intensive workshop for educators called Design Do Discover. The workshop alternates between Palo Alto and New York each year. Check back soon for the 2018 workshop info!
Sonoma State Maker Educator Certificate: Sonoma and Alameda Counties, online.
- Sonoma State offers a 5 CEU Maker Educator certificate. Classes can be taken online or in person; workshop locations include Oakland, Petaluma, Santa Rosa, and Sebastopol.
Outside the San Francisco Bay Area
The K-12 Fab Labs Google+ group has a calendar of nationwide PD opportunities that is updated regularly.
Project Zero: Boston, MA, and around the world, also online
Makeshop: Pittsburg, PA.
- Makeshop offers professional development opportunities such as the Maker Educator Bootcamp.
Constructing Modern Knowledge: Manchester, NH.
- Constructing Modern Knowledge offers professional learning opportunities, like their Summer Institute.